What is healthy dating?
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LOVE AND LUST?
Sexual attraction is very intense. How can you tell if you genuinely love someone or are in lust? What is the difference?
Breaking up is hard to do!
Breaking up, the safe way!
- Be honest with yourself- Are you happy? Do you feel safe? Are you turning to other people for support? It is probably time to consider parting ways. Don’t tell yourself that it will change or that it’s not that bad. If you are having doubts then go with your gut and accept that breaking up is probably the best option.
- Privacy- If you feel safe around your partner, then it is always best to choose a place that is a little more private. Breaking up during lunch at school or at a friend’s party can be embarrassing and hurtful to the both of you.
- Supported breakup- Do you feel as though you will be in danger if you break up with your partner? Then it is probably smart to have someone that you trust accompany you. You don’t want to put yourself in a position where you can be hurt.
- Be honest with your partner- There is no need to make up a false reason for the breakup or “ghost” your partner. Be honest as to why you are breaking up with them.
- Be kind- you probably had a great time together so there is no need to be cruel. Remember to be sensitive to your partner’s feelings even after the breakup.
Is your partner violent? Ask yourself these questions:
- Keep you from your family or friends?
- Control what you wear?
- Force you to have sex or be intimate?
- Physically harm you, pushing, kicking, hitting, etc.?
- Force you to use drugs or alcohol?
- Make you call and check in or call you to check in constantly?
- Check your phone calls, text messages, or snaps?
- Act jealous or possessive?
It is not your fault and you can get help.
Talk to someone you trust or call the police.
They can help get you out of harm’s way safely and keep you protected.