Mon, Sep 23, 2019
6PM – 8PM
Community Health & Wellness Center
36 Thomas Indian School Drive
Irving, NY 14081
- The Language House and Child & Family’s purpose is to educate Nation parents to perform the most important job in the community and society: parenting.
- Sept. 4 – Getting Acquainted/ Discussion on the formation of the Seneca Nation to present day
- Sept. 9 – Introduction of Onodowa’ga:’ nijoho’deh/ Historical Events
- Sept. 16 – The Creation Story, Aweha:i’, Sky Woman
- Sept. 23 – Lessons of The Storyteller
- Sept. 30 – Lessons of the Cradleboard
- Oct. 7 – Harmony in Child Rearing/ Tradition; Behavior Management/ Language; Lessons of Mother Nature “Gano:nyog“; Skills for Living; Praise in Parenting
- Craft Workshops will be held at the “Sully” Huff Heritage Center (12857 Route 438, Irving) from 6pm-8pm on Wednesdays.
- Dates: Sept. 11th, 18th & 25th classes will be taught by Native Roots Artists Guild Instructors.
- Childcare and dinner provided. Please call Child & Family Services at 716-532-4035 to RSVP. First 15 to apply will be accepted.